Love is in the air and let’s face it we are a bunch of romantics at heart. But it’s just not my thing to sit in a restaurant with other couples swooning over one another. So, I cook at home and swoon in private! It has to be chocolate for me as I’m a complete addict, mind you, only the dark 85%, dipped into a hot mug of tea. That’s me totally happy. Here’s an easy, healthy chocolate affair that you can knock up in no time.
175g best-quality dark chocolate (chopped)
125ml double cream (plus more to serve if wished)
125ml full fat milk
250g sweetened chestnut puree (from a can) or if unsweetened add 30ml of Maple syrup
1 large egg
30 ml dark rum
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp Maldon sea salt
1. Crush the chocolate into tiny pieces in the food processor.
2. In a saucepan, heat the cream and milk until just about boiling and then with the motor off, pour into the processor through the funnel over the chocolate.
3. Let it stand for 30 seconds. Process for 30 seconds, then crack the egg down the funnel and process for 45 seconds more.
4. Add the chestnut puree through the funnel, and process until everything is incorporated.
5. Remove the blade and using a rubber spatula and a spoon, fill 6 x 125ml or ½ cup glasses or pots. Put them in the fridge to set for at least four hours.
6. If wished, put a jug of unwhipped double cream on the table and let people pour it over their pots as they eat.
Happy Valentines y’all.
MAD MARCH HARE
Please head over to our website to find out about all the latest Mad March Hare events www.themadmarchhare.com | follow us on our Facebook page The Mad March Hare | t: 07809 895 469 for any enquiries.